Monday, July 12, 2010

Still Missing My Camera

So, I'm still missing my camera. Deedee and Grandfather were nice enough to leave their camera with me until I get mine back, so I do have a few pictures to show.
(Sorry, Aunties. It's hard to keep up a blog made up of mostly pictures when I have nothing to take pictures with!)

Last Thursday, Leila wore a pajama gown to bed that I got for Christmas last year from Nan. (It matches a nursing pajama set that she got for me.) The gown itself is cute, but it also came with an adorable matching sleep hat. I knew Leila would never actually make it through the night in the hat, but I had to put it on long enough to get a picture.
Doesn't she look like a little elf!?
****
On Friday, Deedee and Grandfather came over and spent the day with us. They've been doing that lately, and we've enjoyed having them.
Deedee and Leila love reading together

And they always bring presents (something that Leila doensn't quite appreciate now, but will in the future! :)
This is Leila playing with one of her gifts - a new rattle


Spending time on her playmat

And, this is the newest addition to our collection of teethers. It is also the only one Leila will actually chew on. Her name is Sophie, and the first time Deedee and Grandfather found her was when they were in California last summer, the same we week we found out we were pregnant.
They didn't get her then, but have seen her several times since then and have almost gotten her each time.
When they came over on Friday, I mentioned that I had spoken with another mom who told me that Sophie was the only teether her son would use when he was teething.
I decided it might be worth spending the extra money in order to get Leila a teether she'll actually use.
And I mentioned to Deedee that I thought we were going to have to break down and buy Sophie.
But, we didn't have to do that after all, because Grandfather went right out to find her on Friday.
And came home with her for Leila to try. I would say she is, indeed, worth every penny!
Thank you very much Deedee and Grandfather.
Here's a video.
****
Saturday afternoon, Leila was fussing while she was supposed to be sleeping in her bed. I glanced at the monitor and found her hanging out on her tummy, raised up on her elbows! Since then, she has been very good about trying to roll over from her back to her tummy every chance she gets. (I don't really understand why, since she hates being on her tummy, but whatever.) No one was there to see her the first time she performed this feat, and we have yet to see her do it again. But, we did get some video of her trying.
****
Saturday night, we went to Nan and Poppy's for dinner.
Leila got to "eat" at the table with us.

Then, she spent some time with Poppy.

And Nan used her magic touch to put Leila to sleep again

That night, I was finally able to print off my patterns, so I came home and got right to work on Leila's dress.
It only took about 2.5 hours from the time I start pinning the pattern to the fabric to the time I sewed the last stitch.

It's far from perfect, but it was a good first try. I've started working on making another one (using the same fabric) for more practice and it's already going smoother. This one will also be longer than the first. 
I'm excited to keep working at it and getting better!

Next on the agenda is a ruffled diaper cover to match!
****
Yesterday, Leila spent a little time in the swing while Ryan and I ate dinner. For some reason, Leila thought it was hilarious when Ryan went from watching TV to looking at her. Here's the video. (Please forgive the movement of the camera. It was on a tripod and we were both eating, so we're not quite sure why it's moving. Weird.)

Last night, I was getting Leila's bath water ready. I laid her on our bed while she waited. When I came in to get her, this is what I found...
I guess we need to move bed-time up a little!

2 comments:

  1. 1) She DOES look like an elf. Cutie little thing must be practicing for Christmas

    2) She looks so old holding Sophie in her hand like that. I can tell she's grown so much since we left

    3) I think it's funny that the names Olivia & Sophia were names you kind of liked, and Lei's favorite things are Olivia & Sophie

    4) The balancing trick is the perfect way to show off cutie outfits! Now, it's not just a party trick, it's a fashion show :)

    Love you all & be home soon
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That criss-cross romper is adorable! You did a great job.
    You guys are welcome to use Katelyn's Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo if you'd like. It's just collecting dust in our attic right now.

    ReplyDelete