Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finally!

So, the good news is Ryan got a laptop fixed up for me to use, so now I always have a computer to blog on. The bad news is it doesn't have a card-reader on it, so I have to use a cable to transfer my pictures from my camera to the computer, AAANNND I can't find the cable! Luckily, Rebecca realized just yesterday that her camera is a Sony, too, and her cable is the same as mine. SO, I am now able to blog again!

Hopefully, we won't have any more crazy setbacks in the near future.

Here's what's been going on...

I finished the diaper cover to match Leila's dress that I made. I was pretty surprised and impressed with how it turned out...
This is the second dress I made. It's just like the first, only better since it's the second time around.
I think this combo will be very practical when Leila is walking around and getting dirty.

Last Tuesday morning was spent at the Dallas Arboretum with "Aunt" Rachel and Katelyn. We had a great time, in spite of the typical Texas summer heat and humidity.

We went to see the Peter Rabbit exhibit...

But, Leila was more interested in her feet.
I took her shoe off very early on, so that she'd chew on her toes instead of her shoe.

Katelyn really seemed to like the big bunny stuff.
The houses were so cute! They were the perfect kiddy size!

We also saw some cool froggies that shoot water into the air. When Leila gets big enough, we can take her out there and she can play in the water.

We also saw a koi pond, which is just like the game Leila likes to play on my phone.
She still didn't show much interest, though...

But Katelyn really seemed to enjoy it.
Maybe next time Leila will enjoy it a little bit more, too.

Last Wednesday, Leila wore a dress she got from my old boss, her daughter, and her granddaughter at our baby shower. It came with a matching headband. I have always struggled getting headbands to look right on Leila, with all of her hair, but it was so cute that we had to try.
Leila's Aunt Becca put it on her here.
It wasn't long before we switched to a hairbow. :)
Thank you Debbie, Deedee, and Skylar!

Then, on Thursday, Aunts Danielle and Rebecca watched Leila while I went to a nursing school meeting. Leila got hungry while I was gone, and they were able to get her to take a bottle! It's something she hasn't been willing to do in months, and she did it twice last week - Thursday for Danielle, and Friday for Deedee.
I can't believe how much she's growing up!

On Saturday, we went to Nan and Poppy's so that I could finish painting their kitchen. While we were there, "Aunts" Rachel and Alyssa came over with Katelyn. Leila was already a bit tired when they came over, so she was a little cranky, but we still enjoyed spending time with them.
Katelyn really enjoyed all of the toys - Leila's and Pico's (the puppy).


It was time for Katelyn's snack while they were over, and Nan happened to have the perfect thing... a banana.
Doesn't she look pleased?

Leila was getting fussy, but, being a mommy, "Aunt" Rachel had just the right touch to pacify her.

Katelyn like the cat beds, too. She even meowed for us.
She really liked the kitties, too. Luckily, Cali is very sweet-natured.

Then the girls finished out their time by hanging out on Nan's bed.

Last week was very full, and we had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment