Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let's talk shop(ping)

On Sunday night, Leila wore another onesie that I've been waiting for her to grow into.
We even made it through the night without having a blow-out in it!
****


On Monday, Leila and I went shopping with her Aunt Danielle. When Danielle got to our house, we were waiting on Ryan to come home with the base to Leila's car seat. While we waited, Leila spent some time on a pretty blanket that Ryan's co-worker, Petty Officer Sullivan, made for Leila.
Isn't it pretty?

Danielle also entertained Leila with a new game on her I-phone. This is a game Leila's friend Katelyn seems to enjoy, so Danielle thought Leila might enjoy it, too. It seemed to be a hit.
Here's a video.

While we were shopping, we went to Northpark mall, the new Whole Foods by Northpark Mall, and Nordstrom Rack. We were gone for about 6 hours and Leila only took 2 short naps and had one feeding. I wore her in the Moby for the majority of the time we were out, and she had a great time! She was a little fussy here and there, but that's about it. We couldn't believe it! Of course, she was ready to eat as soon as we got home, and then she fell right asleep, but what a trooper!

That night, Leila adopted a new sleeping position.
Stick 'em up!
****

On Tuesday, Leila practiced her writing skills with Aunt Rebecca...

And played with a new toy her Deedee and Grandfather brought her on Sunday.

She also spent some time in her bumbo, playing with some of her toys, most of which kept ending up on the floor. Here's a video of that.

It was also the first night that Ryan has given her a full bath by himself. We definitely had to take some pictures of that!
As with most everything he does, Ryan did a great job!
****

Leila was especially chatty today for some reason, and spent some time sharing her thoughts with her Aunt Rebecca.

    I did learn something new, today, too. I thought Leila only really needed to be strapped into her bouncy seat if she was going to be spending more than a few minutes in it. I was wrong.
    We had taken her out and put her back in it so that I could finish getting dressed. She was a little fussy, so I went over and talked to her a little bit and then went about my business. It was not more than 2 or 3 minutes later that I hear her crying. I look over, and she is laying on her back underneath the bouncy seat! I have no clue how she managed it - especially landing on her back (it's like she threw herself into the air and then landed on the floor) - but she did. She landed on carpet and was perfectly fine, but was scared and crying. Otherwise, I would've had to take a picture. :)
So, note to self... ALWAYS use the safety seat thing. Even if she'll only be in there for a few seconds!

This next pic is just a great pic. I'm not even sure if there was a particular reason I was taking the picture, other than that Leila is just so cute. :)

Leila also wore a new romper to run some errands, tonight. We bought it on Monday to match the shoes she's wearing in the picture. 
When I bought it, I was concerned it was going to be too big, but after putting it on her, it looks like it fits perfectly, which means she won't be able to wear it for very long. :( Hopefully she grows out of the outfit and shoes at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Katelyn has ever grown out of outifts and matching shoes at the same time. One always seems to be outgrown before the other.
    The picture of Leila with her writing is super cute!
    I don't know about your specific carseat, but most of them can be used in a car without a base. I think there's usually a picture on the side of the carseat showing how to use the belt instead. We didn't find that out until K was about 5 months old.

    ReplyDelete