Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's Going On

Last Thursday, Leila spent some time on her playmat while I baked cakes. I heard her talking quite a bit, and I was interested to know what she was doing, so I set up the camera to record her.
Here are 2 videos of that time - I think each one is about 8 minutes long. I don't even know what is on them (they may even get a little boring), but I figured some of you family members would watch them anyway!
Video 1
Video 2

We think we're having some teething trouble, and there's not much that seems to help. The pediatrician said not to use Orajel and Leila doesn't seem to like teething rings. We were told that we could go up from .4 mg of tylenol to .8, and that does seem to help some. The doctor also said we might get a finger cold with some ice and do a gum massage. (I keep feeling for a tooth bud so I know Leila will let me rub on her gums all day long!) Nan suggested getting a burp cloth wet and freezing it so that Leila could chew on it, so we gave that a try.

Another new development from last Thursday involves me more than it does Leila. I can now say that I have breastfed while eating at the Olive Garden. It wasn't my ideal situation, but it was either that or leave Beth Venegas to eat by herself while we went to the car. Luckily, we were seated in a corner and that made it a little less uncomfortable and I think it went about as well as it could have, but I still don't plant to make it a habit!
 ****

On Friday, Leila spent some time trying to sit up on her own. Here's is a short video.

She's been super chatty lately, and will talk back to you when you coo at her. Here is a video of that conversation.
 ****

On Saturday, we had an appointment at Dallas Child Magazine's baby model search. It took place at Stonebriar Center in Frisco and we made sure to dress really cute. Leila got lots of compliments on her jeans, tanktop, and gold sandal outfit. That is, until her diaper exploded in it. We didn't take a before pic, but her is an after one...
She was hanging out in the moby at the time and I happened to discover it when I was messing with her legs and noticed my hand was wet. We made a bee-line for the bathroom, where I assumed her diaper would be full. It wasn't, but her jeans sure were! I guess the moby was hitting her just right in order to funnel the poo straight out of the diaper and into her jeans! (We have washed them since then, and we're happy to say that all of the poo came out.)

That afternoon, Ryan worked in the heat to make our front yard prettier. While he worked, Danielle and I took Leila out for a swim.
She really loved that grass! I kept moving her back into the pool and she kept pushing herself back out where she could reach it.

After we were done swimming, we went out to see Ryan's handiwork. It was only a small section of the yard and we have many more plans to make it all beautiful, but it's a start, and it turned out absolutely gorgeous!
Didn't he do a great job?!
****

Sunday was Father's Day, which we started celebrating by dressing Leila in some cutesie new bloomers.
Happy First Father's Day Daddy!
****

Yesterday, I was cleaning out my purse (which I don't get to use anymore) and I was changing wallets, when I found an old fake tattoo that I had happened to keep. I instantly thought of a fun way to shock daddy...
I couldn't wait for him to change her diaper and find it! He responded as expected... "What is this!?"

Then, last night, we went to Nan and Poppy's house to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. Leila got so sleepy while we were there, and Aunt Christina happened to have the right touch.

Last night, after putting her to sleep, I noticed Leila was posing in her sleep.
"Yes, Sir!" she saluted.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that tatoo cracked me up!
    Congrats on nursing in public! As much as I loved breastfeeding, that is something I was never very comfortable with. I did learn to scout out corner booths as soon as we entered restaurants, though. I always felt more comfortable if I was in a corner.

    ReplyDelete