Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our First Mother's Day

Saturday night, Ryan and I took Leila on a quick trip to Target. The temperature dropped suddenly that night, so Leila's little sleeveless dress wasn't warm enough. I recently went through her closet looking at her size 3-6 month clothes and found some 0-3 month clothes that were hung in the wrong place. Among them, I found a green corduroy dress, a little yellow hoodie her Aunt Rebecca gave her, and a fluffy pink coat I bought a long time ago. I thought we'd take advantage of the weekend's cooler weather, so Leila wore her pink coat to Target and, even though I had already bought her something pretty to wear for Mother's Day, we switched gears and she wore the corduroy dress instead.

Her Daddy called it her "Diva" coat, but her Aunt Rebecca said she wanted to add the caption to the picture.
"Diva is a female version of a hustler"
(For those like me who didn't recognize this quote, it's from a Beyonce Knowles song.
****
Saturday afternoon, "Uncle" Jeremy came over to work on his truck and later on, "Aunt" Rachel came over to eat dinner. Unfortunately, their little girl, Katelyn, was supposed to come too, but ended up having to stay home with a fever. We really missed her and hope she'll be able to come next time.
I had every intention of taking some pictures that night, but totally forgot. We were able to make up for it, however, on Sunday at church.

 "Aunt" Rachel and Leila

"Aunt" Alyssa and Leila

"Uncle" Chad and "Aunt" Heather

Here's a pic of Ryan with Karsyn Headley. She belongs to some of our friends that live in Lubbock and Ryan has known her daddy practically since birth and went to High school with her mommy.  Leila's daddy and Karsyn's daddy were born a month apart, just like Leila and Karsyn!

Here Leila and I are on our first Mother's Day, along with baby Karsyn and her mommy, Brandi, on their first Mother's Day, and "Aunt" Rachel and baby Katelyn on their second Mother's Day.
It's hard to believe that Leila will be that size in just one year!

Here is Katelyn taking an interest in her new friend Leila.
You can't really see it in this picture, but Katelyn and Leila were bow twins today. They were wearing the same exact bow!

On a funny note, Leila's daddy got her dressed on Sunday morning because Leila woke up late, which means I woke up late. So... we were running late. I had already pulled out the new green corduroy dress I had found and Ryan just had to put it on her. He did a great job and got the dress on and zipped and the blue tights pulled up tight. Ryan was holding Leila during the service, and I noticed something inside her sleeve area that looked weird. When I pulled up the back of her dress, this is what I discovered...
It's a little difficult to tell, but it is her diaper cover, still attached to the inside of the dress! Oh, the fun that daddies bring to the world of babies. It brings me so much joy!

For lunch on Mother's Day, we spent the afternoon with my family at my parents new house. It was our first get-together there and it was wonderful. I'm so thankful that they have been so blessed. I did, of course, forget to take pictures again.
I did, however manage to get one while we were at Ryan's parents for dinner.

Don't you just love Leila's hair?

Leila was apparently tired once we finally made it home, because she decided to get really comfy in her hushamok.
Doesn't she look like she's lounging lazily?
And, being worrisome parents, we eventually became concerned that her arms might fall asleep like this, so Ryan went over and pulled her arms down. She, being Leila, put them right back up by her head where she thinks they belong, but at least they weren't resting underneath it anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Katelyn had the same pink puffy coat from you guys! I am impressed at how complaint Leila was with all of the people who took pictures of her. Katie Bug was screaming her head off last Mother's Day when we tried to do the same.
    That last pic is great. Leila is a natural chillaxer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were actually pretty impressed ourselves. We couldn't believe that she was awake, taking pictures, and not crying to eat! We were so thankful and definitely counting our blessings. She even hung out in her carrier, wide awake and perfectly content for most of the service! I don't know who that little baby was, but I look forward to seeing more of her.:)

    ReplyDelete