Monday, May 17, 2010

A Week of New Discoveries

I came across a couple of pictures recently that I thought deserved to be posted. Here are two pictures Aunt Christina sent to me on her phone. She took them months ago when I was barely pregnant.
Nan and Poppy were already shopping to get ready for their Leila, even before we knew she was going to be a Leila!
****

 This girl sure loves her Olivia doll!

Wednesday night, Ryan and I were spending time with Leila and I decided to try some funny faces/noises to see if I could get her to smile or laugh. I got the smiles, and a brand new funny noise in return!
Video

Here's a great pic of Leila during tummy time on Thursday morning. This was taken during the few minutes before she got unhappy.

Then, we had some fun with Olivia...
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Here's a few other videos of us having fun with Leila.
For some reason, she didn't seem to want to look at her daddy. She kept turning back and forth for several minutes. We thought it was so funny, we finally grabbed the camera to record it.

Here I am using the new funny faces/noises routine to try to get Leila to smile.
****

On Friday, Leila and I ran some quick errands, and she had her first trip to my cake supply store (Elizabeth's Cake Supplies) and to one of my other favorite stores, Hobby Lobby. In honor of the occasion, Leila wore a new outfit we had bought the day before at the Galleria.
The sandals are still a bit big, but they were too cute for her not to wear.

This was a special treat at our house - Ella and Betsy almost cuddling. Betsy has been living with us since October, but still hasn't quite learned to appreciate Ella. This is the absolute closest they've ever come to each other without Betsy hissing and Ella running away. (She did get upset just seconds after this was taken, but we figure they're making progress!)
****

Lastly, here are some pics from church today...
Baby Katelyn came to see her friend Leila again. Both of them were squirmy girls, so the pics aren't great, but I had to post them anyway!

Here, "Aunt" Alyssa is trying out the funny face routine.
Success!

"Aunt" Alyssa gave Leila her first sticker today. Someone needs to tell her stickers don't go there!

Here is Leila and Grandfather. She's starting to reach for things, now, and here she is reaching for the Ralph Lauren rattle Grandfather gave her today, and her Olivia doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment