Thursday, January 27, 2011

Late to Christmas

For anyone who's ever been to my mom's house - and I mean EVER - you'll know what I'm talking about when I say it's a place that always feels like home. No matter who you are or how long she's know you, when you walk in her door, my mom makes you feel like you're family who's just come home. She makes it a place where you can take your shoes off and put your feet up...a place where you can (and probably will need to) cuddle up with a blanket and just hang out... a place where the food is always plentiful and where home-cooked meals abound.  And, you can believe me when I tell you that it's not the home itself that offers up these feelings. It's the actual woman who feels like home. It's a gift that she has and one that she freely offers to all.

This is true of my mom no matter what time of year it is, but the feelings are even more special and heartwarming at Christmastime. I must admit, I think we were all a little concerned that the move into their new house this year might lessen the effect of the warmth and coziness that we always felt at my parents' old house. There was, of course, no need for worry though, because my mom inhabits this new home just like she inhabited the old one... with all of her love and warmth...
Not to mention all of her Christmas trees...:)
Now, we know that Christmas trees don't make a home feel like a home, but Christmas lights certainly do add a feeling of coziness and warmth to even the most dreary of places!
And, in case you couldn't keep track, there were 19 trees in my mom's house. That's right people... NINETEEN!!
And she actually had room for more, too. It's so wonderful to see her beautiful new home coming together. God has truly blessed my parents this year!

Rebecca got some great shots with her new camera, too.

Leila had her own stocking on a stocking stand that will eventually hold stockings for all of the grandchildren.
I think we got some pretty shots of both living rooms when they were all decorated, but I haven't found them yet. I'll let you know when I do.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot count how many people told me how much they loved our house. People even called it a little cottage because of how cozy it was. I can testify that it was that way because of you, Mom. You are such an incredibly special woman and we all hope to be like you some day. It's a lofty goal...
    You are the most thoughtful, generous, selfless, and kind person I know. I am blessed, not only to be your daughter, but to simply know you.

    -Rebecca

    Ps- your house was beautiful this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete