Thursday, January 20, 2011

Santa and his Cookies

When I was a kid, it was always a tradition of ours to make sugar cookies that we would paint with an egg wash and food coloring. We each knew exactly which cookies we made and we each made some specifically for Santa (aka Dad). We haven't done it in years, but, now that we have kids around, we decided to start making them a yearly tradition again. It was a surprisingly odd feeling for me to be awake to see the disappearance of the milk and cookies. (Even though I never believed in Santa, it kinda ruined some of the magic for me.) I also managed to forget the important part of the milk and cookies routine... leaving the empty dishes for the kids to find in the morning. I washed them and had them put away before we went to bed! Obviously, it wasn't a major issue this year, but it's a lesson learned for the years to come. :)
We left milk, cookies, and puffs for Santa this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment