Thursday, April 8, 2010

Can You Say SUCCESS?!!

Today was a big day in the Cannon home.

It started off with Leila's bath that, for once, did not end in tears! Yea!! It appears that the trick may be being able to see the pretty baby in the mirror. She stared at herself almost the entire time. She even seemed to get excited for a little while and started kicking her legs. I'm hoping it means she's going to be a little fish!
(Thank you, Aunt Danielle, for the froggie cover-up. It definitely comes in handy.)
Today also offered the opportunity for me to take Leila out by myself - only the second time I've done so. It started out well, with her falling asleep in the car, but ended with her waking up as soon as I got to my appointment (I had to be fingerprinted for a background check for nursing school). She started to get fussy, so I took her out of her carrier, and she stopped crying. She stayed awake, but happy, until I strapped her back in to go home. Unfortunately, it looks like Leila hates being strapped into her carrier. :(
We made a trip to Ryan's work this afternoon and she cried the whole way there and back home, but was fine while we were gone as long as she wasn't in her carrier. I don't really know how to handle that, since she has no choice but to ride in a carrier, but at least I know how to make her happy while we're out.

We also hit Leila's one month birthday this week. We celebrated by taking pictures!
Here, Leila is posing in her Easter dress. I can't believe how big she is getting already!

And here she is in her 12-month old onesie. (It's actually bigger on her than it looks.)

From our one-month well-baby visit, we discovered that Leila...
Weighs 8 lbs, 15 oz (40th percentile)
Measures 21.83 inches long (80th percentile - She's longer than the average 2 month old!)

Hopefully, this trend will stick and she'll grow up to be tall and thin. Oh, if only we could all survive on only breastmilk.

Lastly, here's a picture I just had to throw in. Becca and I took Leila on a trip to the grocery store yesterday, and tried out a bow we've never used before - the spandex headband kind. Ryan complimented it when he got home and saw her in it, but Becca and I couldn't help but think she looked like a Jane Fonda reject. At least, until she ended up like this...
I'm not too sure we're going to use this type of bow very much, after all.

4 comments:

  1. ok, for the first time I think she looks like Ryan in these pics. I have been pondering who I think she looks like and after seeing these pics I think it's Ryan...but I haven't seen your baby pics to compare. I'm glad bath time is going well! I remember Katelyn not liking it at first too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a successful day!
    I think distaste for being strapped into the carseat is very normal for newborns. Katelyn was a hater, too. We used to dread stop signs, red lights, and traffic jams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it makes me feel so much better that it's normal, and that it gets better. That's funny, because we dread all of those things as well. Highway driving is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, angel girl. Every time I see you it seems you are more gorgeous than the time before. Grandfather and I thank God every day for the most wonderful blessing we could imagine. *Mommy has to strap you in for you to be safe. You will get used to it very soon. I love you more than you will ever know!
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete