Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time Well Spent

So, Ryan told me I needed to try to shorten my blog. I told him the last one was extra long because I hadn't blogged in a while, but, I do also understand where he's coming from. Even in high school, I enjoyed writing, but always got hammered for being too wordy. I guess editing has never been my thing. But, I'm going to try, because I'd hate to loose the few of you who are following this.
So, this is my first attempt at trying to stick to just the necessities...

Today was a fun day. Saturdays are always an easier day for me, because Ryan is usually home to help take care of Leila, giving me a little extra free time. Today's schedule was a little different, though, because we had to go to my parents so Ryan could help my dad move their couches out to the garage so that they can sell them in their garage sale. Then, we headed to my in-laws for dinner.
I don't know how I made it away from my parents house without taking any photos, especially when Leila was awake and was able to spend time with her Nan, Poppy, Aunt Danielle, and Aunt Christina. I'll have to be more diligent next time. I did, however, take a few at dinner.

Here, Leila is enjoying quality time with Grandma Watson (Leila's great-grandmother)...
 I'm so glad Leila is going to get to know her Grandma and Papa Watson!

We had many wet diaper changes over the course of the evening, but these pictures are from the first, when her daddy realized she was wearing "old man pants" pulled up practically to her chin.
She looks like she's doing a dance, huh? She moved so much in the womb that I said I thought she was dancing, so that would be quite fitting. :)

Finally, we see the way most of the time is spent when we're with Leila's Grandfather and Deedee.
Leila seems to be seriously contemplating that she thinks this arrangement is ideal. I would, of course, tend to agree with her.


And now she seems to be communicating these thoughts to her admiring audience, while showing them how her new bouncy seat works.
(Please take note of the lack of pants. Ryan apparently has an allergy to any item of clothing that is difficult to re-dress after a diaper change. Any pants without snaps [even cute old man pants] fit into this category.)

So, I think this blog seems shorter, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. The grandpa pants are great! We have a picture of you holding Katie Bug in a pair of her own g'pa pants.

    ReplyDelete