Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Introductions and Explanations

Hello. 
I figured I'd start this blog out with an introduction to who we are and an explanation as to why this is worth writing... or reading.

The main star of this blog is Ms. Leila Isabele, although her father and I will make many appearances, as well. The goal is to chronicle our way through her first year of life, but I'm sure some of my happenings from nursing school and some of her daddy's work adventures will also take up some space, too. I kept thinking I needed to buy a journal to write down the experience of raising a newborn, as well as my thoughts and emotions resulting from those experiences. (I figured I'd need it as a reminder by the time we get around to having baby #2.) After following our friend, Katelyn's, blog, though, I thought why not journal online where our family and friends can follow along and offer thoughts and advice, as well? So, here we are.


It's taken me a couple weeks to set the blog up, and about a week to finally have time to write something in it, but at least it's a start.
So, without further ado, here are some pictures from Leila's first month of life...

Born Leila Isabele Cannon on March 6, 2010 at 3:32 p.m.
8 pounds, 1 ounce and 19.25 inches long



Coming home from the hospital, her loudest and most excited greeting came from her good friend Ella.

One of our first tries with the pacifier... she doesn't like it much and usually has to be coaxed to take it. She does seem to like her daddy's fingers, though.

Hanging out on the boppy......With her good friend Ella
The aftermath of Leila's first official bath, complete with soap and tub

Heading out on our first walk in our Moby wrap (which she greatly prefers to stroller rides right now.) I was holding her and taking pictures, so please forgive the angle!

The exception to the moby wrap appears to be Grandfather's nice new stroller. He took her for a ride inside their house when we went for dinner.

Well, as seems to be the theme, now, my time is dwindling to nothing, so I'm going to say goodbye.
I'll be posting plenty more pictures when I get the chance... and after I have time to snag them from the grandparents who took them!

In the meantime, I could use a little advice from you moms out there... how do you handle having no time? I know things will get better, but I feel like I'm kind of trapped and pretty much going out of my mind right now. I have time to do laundry and dishes, take a shower and get dressed, and... that's about it. How long is it before I can, maybe, go to the store on my own and not stress out about time?

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad the Crannons have their own blog! The pic of Leila all swaddled in the Boppy is too cute.
    I think if you're able to shower, dress, launder, and do dishes at this point you're doing really well! It wasn't until Katelyn was on a predictable nursing schedule that I felt comfortable going shopping by myself. Before then, I was worried that she'd be starving without me.
    I think I felt comfortable shopping with her by the time she was two months old. We stuck to Mobyfication for all shopping trips until she was six or seven months old, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that you started a blog so I can see and read about Leila more!! :) --Alyssa

    ReplyDelete